Thank you for accessing the Chef Inside Terms and Conditions of Service. Please read the following terms and conditions carefully before using any aspect of the site.
- USER’S ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
The site is an internet property of Chef Inside the Box d/b/a ("Chef Inside," "we," “our” or "us"). Each end-user visitor to the site agrees to the following Chef Inside Terms and Conditions (“Terms and Conditions”), in their entirety, when she/he:
- accesses or uses the website (collectively, “Site”);
- accesses and/or views any of the video, audio, stories, text, photographs, graphics, artwork and/or other content featured on the site (collectively, “Content”);
- signs up to receive the Chef Inside food delivery service, which includes processing and delivery of orders (the "Chef Inside Service");
- accesses links to Chef Inside social media pages/accounts on third party social media websites, such as Facebook®, Instagram®, Twitter® and YouTube® (collectively, “Social Media Pages”);
- enters one of the sweepstakes, contests and/or promotions offered by Chef Inside from time to time (“Promotions”); and/or
If you have any questions about the Agreement or the Site please access our Frequently Asked Questions or call our Customer Service team at (800) 201-1082.
- We may amend the Agreement from time to time in our sole discretion, without specific notice to you; provided, however, that:
- any amendment or modification to the provisions applicable to dispute resolution (collectively, “Dispute Resolution Provisions”) shall not apply to any disputes incurred prior to the applicable amendment or modification; and
- any amendment or modification to pricing and/or billing provisions (“Billing Provisions”) shall not apply to any charges incurred prior to the applicable amendment or modification.
- The latest Agreement will be posted on the Site, and you should review the Agreement prior to using the Chef Inside Offerings. By your continued use of any of the Chef Inside Offerings, you hereby agree to comply with, and be bound by, all of the terms and conditions contained within the Agreement effective at that time (other than with respect to disputes arising prior to the amendment or modification of the Dispute Resolution Provisions, or charges incurred prior to the amendment or modification of the Billing Provisions, which shall be governed by the Dispute Resolution Provisions and/or Billing Provisions then in effect at the time of the subject dispute or incurred charges, as applicable).
- We may amend the Agreement from time to time in our sole discretion, without specific notice to you; provided, however, that:
CHEF INSIDE SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
- All of our products and services are backed by a fresh-forward and quality guarantee for 5 days after receiving your box. If for any reason you are dissatisfied with a meal ingredient please call us at (800) 201-1082 or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org within five (5) days of the delivery of your box. Depending on the circumstances, we may, in our sole discretion, provide you with credits for meals that can be applied to future deliveries under your account or we may, in our sole discretion, provide you a full or partial refund of the purchase price of that meal or meal ingredient.
- Chef Inside may require the return or photo documentation of the product with which you are dissatisfied before we substitute an acceptable item, issue a credit voucher or give you money back.
ORDERING THROUGH THE SITE
- Orders must be received before posted cutoff times for a given delivery (see Delivery of Products below for details). Our delivery window of 8:00 a.m. CST – 5:00 p.m. CST will be shown as you proceed through the ordering process.
- You can adjust or cancel your order at any point up until Friday at 12:00 p.m. CST each week.
- Cancellation of orders after the required cutoff time will result in a full charge.
- PRICE AND AVAILABILITY
At Chef Inside, we believe in offering our customers the highest quality and quantity of food at the best value. We strive to provide you with great prices compared to the competition near your delivery address. We reserve the right to adjust prices in our sole discretion, at any time and without notice to you. However, we will try to provide you advance notice of any major changes that take place via email. We source the most fresh-forward ingredients from our trusted partners. Although our goal is to fulfill 100% of each order, given the perishable nature of our products, from time to time, products may be unavailable due to market conditions beyond our control or to quality that is below our standards. At times when we have an item that's very similar to the item you ordered, we may make a substitution at our discretion. If you're not happy with the replacement, please email us at email@example.com.
We reserve the right to limit your order or the quantity of a particular product that you may order.
- DELIVERY OF PRODUCTS
Chef Inside uses insulated shipping solutions to maintain the quality and integrity of your products. Chef Inside uses third-party delivery companies to deliver meal ingredients to our customers. However, you as the customer are the ultimate arbiter of freshness and should immediately refrigerate your meals once the delivery is received, as well as always inspect your delivery boxes to confirm the contents arrive in a cool, refrigerated condition.
To receive delivery, you must live in a residential apartment or home, or receive permission from employer or business owner to receive shipments from a business address. Anyone at the delivery address who receives the delivery is conclusively presumed to be authorized to receive the delivery. If you, your doorman or your alternate receiver are not present, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to contact you. In certain areas, Chef Inside may offer unattended delivery.
If something is missing from your order, please call our Customer Service department at (800) 201-1082 or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the case of inclement weather or unforeseen delivery complications, it may be necessary to make adjustments to our delivery schedule, which will cause us to suspend chosen delivery dates or different window times. If there will be a significant delay, a customer service representative may call or email you to let you know the status of your delivery time. We will deliver your order as quickly as possible when the conditions permit. If your designated delivery location (i.e., street, avenue) or day is inaccessible, rendering us unable to make the delivery, we will contact you to determine the best alternate location and/or date.
- PRODUCT SUBSTITUTIONS
At times, Chef Inside may substitute meal ingredients due to market conditions outside of our control or product quality that is below our standards. In cases of ingredient substitutions, any modifications to cooking instructions will be communicated to the customer.
Please Note: Chef Inside’s food items may contain or may have been manufactured in facilities that also processes: dairy, eggs, fish, shellfish, soy, and tree nuts.
- DIETARY PREFERENCES AND RESTRICTIONS
Please note that nutritional information on our site reflects recent updates to meals based on evolving ingredients. The nutritional information for meals at the time of their preparation is reflected on the labels on our individual meal boxes. Chef Inside will not be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from your reliance on nutritional information, nor for ensuring that whatever foods you purchase, prepare and consume are in accordance with your respective dietary needs or restrictions. Chef Inside and our supplier’s store, portion, cook and pack meals containing a few of the eight (8) Major US allergens (milk, wheat, egg, soy, fish, shellfish, peanuts, and tree nuts). Although Chef Inside takes precautions to limit the potential for cross-contamination, cross-contamination may occur between food products, allowing meals to contain any or all of these allergens.
- CREDIT CARD PAYMENT
Chef Inside is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
Payment: If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers. For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service here or Privacy Statement here.
Your credit/debit card will be charged for your order immediately upon checkout. Chef Inside will not process orders that attempt to use an incorrect, expired or over-the-limit credit card. We will make our best efforts to contact you if this occurs. However, in the event such an order is processed, Chef Inside reserves the right to collect funds for any uncollected transactions owed to it. Chef Inside may suspend or terminate your access to the Chef Inside Service if continuous payment issues occur. You shall be responsible and liable for any fees, including attorneys' fees and collection costs, that Chef Inside may incur in its efforts to collect any unpaid balances from you. Your right to use the Chef Inside Service is subject to limits established by Chef Inside and/or by your credit card issuer.
Chef Inside is unable to accept checking account transactions, paper checks, food stamps or third-party coupons at this time.
From time to time, Chef Inside offers Promotions by and through the Site, emails and/or Social Media Pages. By providing true and accurate information in connection with the applicable Promotion registration form(s) and agreeing to the rules applicable to each Promotion, end-users can obtain, or attempt to obtain, a chance to use the awards offered through each Promotion, if any. Each end-user understands and agrees that Chef Inside shall not be liable to such end-user or any third party for any claim in connection with that end-user’s participation in any of the Promotions.
- We may offer discount promotions and other types of vouchers which require to be entered at checkout in order for the holder to commence delivery of Products. All of these terms and conditions shall become applicable as between us and you when you redeem the voucher by purchasing a product.
- Any voucher may only be used once by you and may not be copied, reproduced, distributed or published either directly or indirectly in any form or stored in a data retrieval system without our prior written approval. Only one voucher is allowed to be applied per order.
- We reserve the right to withdraw or cancel any voucher for any reason at any time.
- Vouchers may only be redeemed through the Website and not through any other website or method of communication. To use your voucher you will be required to enter its unique code at the online checkout and use of such code will be deemed to confirm your agreement to these terms and conditions and any special conditions attached to the Voucher.
- We reserve the right to exclude the use of voucher codes on specific products.
- LICENSE AND PROPRIETARY RIGHTS
Copyright and Ownership:
All Site Content, design, text, graphics, and interfaces; the collection, selection, and arrangement thereof; and all software are the property of, or duly licensed to, Chef Inside. Consent is granted to view, electronically copy, and print in hard copy portions of this Site for the sole purpose of placing an order with Chef Inside for your use. Any other use of materials on this Site, including modification, distribution, or reproduction for purposes other than those noted above, without the prior written permission of Chef Inside is strictly prohibited. You acknowledge that Chef Inside and/or third-party content providers remain the owners of such material and that you do not acquire any of those ownership rights by downloading copyrighted material. Chef Inside reserves the right to revoke this authorization at any time, and any use shall be discontinued immediately on written notice from Chef Inside.
- ACCESS TO THE CHEF INSIDE SERVICE
You will provide all equipment and services and be responsible for all data, telephone and other charges necessary to access the Chef Inside Service and the Site. You agree to comply with all laws applicable to your activities on the Chef Inside Site and with the terms of the Agreement. You hereby represent that you are an adult (18 years or older) and have the power and authority to enter into the Agreement and perform your obligations hereunder.
You acknowledge that from time to time the Chef Inside Service or this Site may be inaccessible or inoperable for any reason, including, without limitation:
- equipment malfunctions;
- periodic maintenance procedures or repairs which Chef Inside may undertake from time to time; or
- causes beyond the control of Chef Inside or which are not reasonably foreseeable by Chef Inside.
- ID Number and Passwords:
Access to the Chef Inside Service is accomplished through the use of a registered email address and a password that you choose upon registration. You are solely responsible for any authorized or unauthorized access to your account by any person. You agree to bear all responsibility of the upkeep and maintenance of an accurate and active email address for access to the Chef Inside site and receipt of transactional or marketing email communication. You agree to bear all responsibility for the confidentiality of your password and all use or charges incurred from use of the Chef Inside Service with your password. You agree to notify Chef Inside promptly of any unauthorized use of your password and you will remain liable for any use of the Chef Inside Service until you notify Chef Inside.
- Your Account:
You are responsible for, and agree to pay promptly, all charges to your account, including applicable taxes and purchases by you or anyone you allow to use your account and password to access the Chef Inside Service. You agree and accept responsibility for keeping all your account information current, including address, payment information, telephone number, email address, and, if applicable, alternate receiver for your order. You can update your information in the Account area on our Web site or contact our Customer Service department. Please do not send credit card or other payment information via email. You agree that you will not provide fraudulent information and that you are solely responsible for any information you provide to Chef Inside, and accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password and for restricting access to your computer. You will comply with all laws applicable to your activities associated with the Chef Inside Offerings and with the Agreement.
If you would like to update or correct information previously provided to us, please send an email with your new information to email@example.com, or you may update your account information yourself by going to your Account page on the Chef Inside Site. Please do not send credit card or other payment information via email.
- ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
You are solely responsible for any and all acts and omissions that occur under your account or password, and you agree not to engage in unacceptable use of the Chef Inside Service, which includes, without limitation, use of the Chef Inside Service to:
- disseminate or transmit unsolicited messages, chain letters, or unsolicited commercial e-mail;
- disseminate or transmit material that, to a reasonable person, may be abusive, obscene, pornographic, defamatory, harassing, grossly offensive, vulgar, threatening, or malicious;
- disseminate or transmit files, graphics, software, or other material that actually or potentially infringes the copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other intellectual property right of any person;
- create a false identity or otherwise attempt to mislead any person as to the identity or origin of any communication;
- export, re-export, or permit downloading of any message or content in violation of any export or import law, regulation, or restriction of the United States and its agencies and authorities, or without all required approvals, licenses, or exemptions;
- interfere with, disrupt, or attempt to gain unauthorized access to other accounts on the Chef Inside
- Service or any other computer network;
- disseminate or transmit viruses, Trojan horses, or any other malicious code or program; or
- engage in any other activity deemed by Chef Inside to be in conflict with the letter or intent of the Agreement.
- WARRANTY DISCLAIMER; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY; INDEMNIFICATION
YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE CHEF INSIDE SERVICE, THE SITE, AND THE INTERNET IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE CHEF INSIDE SERVICE, THE SITE, AND ITS CONTENTS ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS," "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, CHEF INSIDE DISCLAIMS ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO THE CHEF INSIDE SERVICE, THE SITE, OR ITS CONTENTS OR WITH RESPECT TO ANY INFORMATION, SERVICES, AND PRODUCTS PROVIDED THROUGH OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE CHEF INSIDE SERVICE; CHEF INSIDE DOES NOT ADOPT ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY MANUFACTURER OR MERCHANT OF ANY SUCH INFORMATION, SERVICE, OR PRODUCTS. CHEF INSIDE MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND AS TO THE AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY, OR CONTENT OF ANY INFORMATION, SERVICES, OR PRODUCTS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE OR THE CHEF INSIDE SERVICES. CHEF INSIDE DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS PROVIDED BY THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, OR THAT THIS SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE IS FREE FROM VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
NEITHER CHEF INSIDE NOR ANY OF ITS DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, SHAREHOLDERS, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, THIRD-PARTY INFORMATION PROVIDERS, MERCHANTS OR LICENSORS (COLLECTIVELY, " CHEF INSIDE PARTIES") SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, COMPENSATORY, DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES; LOSS OF DATA, INCOME, OR PROFIT; OR LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE, THE CHEF INSIDE SERVICE, OR THE INTERNET. CHEF INSIDE’S LIABILITY SHALL BE LIMITED TO PROVIDING YOU WITH A REFUND FOR ANY PRODUCT THAT IS RETURNED. YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY HEREUNDER SHALL BE FOR YOU TO DISCONTINUE YOUR USE OF THE CHEF INSIDE SERVICE AND TO TERMINATE THE AGREEMENT. CHEF INSIDE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO LIMIT YOUR ORDER OR THE QUANTITY OF A SPECIFIC PRODUCT YOU MAY ORDER. BECAUSE SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES OR OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, IN SUCH STATES AND JURISDICTIONS LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
The material in the Site is provided for lawful purposes only. Chef Inside operates this Site for use in specific jurisdictions where it provides its Services, and makes no representation that these materials are appropriate or available for use in other locations. If you use the Site from other locations, you are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. Price and availability information is subject to change without notice and may vary geographically.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold Chef Inside Parties harmless from any and all suits, actions, legal or administrative proceedings, claims, demands, damages, liabilities and expenses, including attorney's fees and costs, arising in connection with a violation of the Agreement by you or through use of your account.
- Termination: The Agreement is effective upon your acceptance as set forth herein and shall continue in full force and effect until terminated. Chef Inside may suspend or terminate the Agreement or the Chef Inside Service or remove or disable access to any portion of the Chef Inside Service at any time for any reason with or without notice to you. You may terminate your Chef Inside Service account at any time for any reason by delivering notice in the manner provided below, which termination will be effective the day notice is received or such later date specified in the notice. Chef Inside reserves the right to collect fees and charges incurred before you cancel your Chef Inside Service account. In addition, you are responsible for any charges incurred to third-party vendors or content providers prior to your cancellation.
- Notices: Chef Inside may give notice to you of any change or any other communication related to the Agreement through a general posting on the Chef Inside Site, by electronic mail, or by conventional mail to your address contained in the Customer Registration Data. You may give notice to Chef Inside by telephone at: (800) 201-1082, by electronic mail (as specified in the "FAQs” and “Contact Us” sections of the Chef Inside Site), or by conventional mail to:
Chef Inside the Box
Attn: Customer Service
7351 South 78th Ave., 2nd Floor
Bridgeview, IL 60455
- Entire Agreement: The Agreement represents your entire agreement with Chef Inside regarding the use of the Chef Inside Service and the Chef Inside Site. You agree that the Agreement is not intended to confer and does not confer any rights or remedies upon any person other than you, Chef Inside and Chef Inside Parties. If any portion of the Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be construed in accordance with applicable law as nearly as possible to reflect the original intention of the parties, and the remainder of the Agreement shall remain in full force and effect. The failure of either party to insist upon strict performance of any provision of the Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right. Any cause of action by you must be instituted within one year after the claim or cause of action has arisen, or it shall be barred.
- Third-Party Beneficiaries: The provisions of the Agreement are for the benefit of Chef Inside Parties, and each shall have the right to assert and enforce the provisions directly on their own behalf. The Agreement and all obligations and restrictions placed upon you or your permitted users by the Agreement shall survive termination of the Agreement and your Chef Inside Service account.