We may collect information that you directly share with us. This is for your benefit, as we are always working to improve our service and provide you with the best quality products possible. For example, data may include contact information such as mailing and billing details. Information we collect, but does not directly identify you, may include: your personal interests, hobbies, demographic information, and product and service preferences.
(Last Updated: August 14, 2017):
- sign up to receive the Chef Inside the Box food delivery service, which includes processing and delivery of orders (the "Chef Inside Service");
- access links to Chef Inside’s social media pages/accounts on third party social media websites, such as Facebook®, Instagram®, Twitter® and YouTube® (collectively, “Social Media Pages”);
- enter one of the sweepstakes, contests, and/or promotions offered by Chef Inside from time to time (“Promotions”); and/or
- utilize the Site’s many interactive features designed to facilitate interaction between the end-user, Chef Inside and other Site users including, but not limited to, blogs and associated comment sections located in designated areas of the Site (collectively, the “Interactive Services” and together with the Site, Chef Inside Service, Social Media Pages and Promotions, the “Chef Inside Offerings”).
Facebook® is a registered trademark of Facebook, Inc. (“Facebook”). Instagram® is a registered trademark of Instagram (“Instagram”). Twitter® is a registered trademark of Twitter, Inc. (“Twitter”). YouTube® is a registered trademark of Google, Inc. (“YouTube” and “Google” ). Please be advised that Chef Inside is not in any way affiliated with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube or Google and the Chef Inside Offerings are not endorsed, administered or sponsored by any of those parties.
Please also visit the Chef Inside Terms and Conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) that explain other terms governing the use of our Site and associated Chef Inside Offerings. Capitalized terms used but not defined herein shall have the meanings ascribed to them in the Terms and Conditions.
THIRD PARTY SITES
We are not responsible for the content on, or privacy practices of, any websites or services not owned or affiliated with Chef Inside to which this Site links to or that links to this Site.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
We may collect several types of information from you directly, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, username and password, shipping and billing information, e-mail address, telephone number, and/or credit card number (including security code and expiration date) (collectively, “Personally Identifying Information” or “PII”).
- that is about you, but individually does not identify you, such as your hobbies, personal interests, household income range, number of children, gender, demographic information, and product and service preferences; and/or
- about others, such as the names and e-mail addresses of gift recipients or family and friends whom you have referred to the Site;
We may use the information we collect from you, individually or combined:
- For registration and billing purposes;
- To provide, maintain and improve the Site and our products and services;
- To respond to your questions and fulfill your orders and requests;
- To verify entry into a Promotion and ship any prizes won in connection an applicable Promotion;
- To communicate with you about your orders, our products, and the Site;
- To manage your account and send you account related information;
- To send you promotional messages; and
- For internal data modeling and marketing purposes.
We may collect information about you from other sources, as follows:
- We may collect information about you from other third parties, such as our business partners.
- We may combine the information we obtain from other sources with information we collect from you directly and use it for various purposes, such as to tailor content to you and send you offers that may be of interest.
We and our service providers (including advertising and analytics providers) may automatically collect several types of information about you including information:
- as you navigate through the Site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, operating system, browser type, referring URLs, access times, pages viewed, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies, such as information about your browsing and purchasing behavior.
- about your mobile device.
This information is used to analyze trends, administer the Site and Chef Inside Offerings, and deliver advertising and content targeted to your interests. This information is not linked to personal information unless you are an active customer, or have otherwise provided such information to us.
The technologies we and our service providers may use for this automatic data collection may include:
- A cookie is a small removable data file that is stored by your web browser on your computer which often includes an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are used to provide customers with tighter security, customized content, and tracking of orders and shopping cart items. Session cookies expire at the end of a particular visit to our Site, while persistent cookies (also called stored cookies) remain active until you disable them through your browser settings, or until a pre-set expiration date.
- Web Beacons.Pages of our Site and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
You may disable or refuse to accept cookies through the appropriate browser settings, however if you select this setting you may not be able to use all features of our Site. In addition, disabling cookies may cancel opt-outs that rely on cookies, such as web analytics or targeted advertising opt-outs.
CUSTOMIZED AD CAMPAIGNS
We may also work with third party social media sites, such as Facebook, to serve Chef Inside ads to you as part of a customized social media campaign.
SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
- We may share aggregated or de-identified information regarding our customers with partners, advertisers or other third parties. This data will not identify you personally.
- We may share information with companies that provide support services to us (such as a printer, mailing house, fulfillment company, delivery company, or web host) or that help us market our products and services. These companies may need information about you in order to perform their functions. These companies are not authorized to use any personal information we share with them for any other purpose.
- We (including, for all purposes hereof, any third parties that provide support services to Chef Inside in connection with the Chef Inside Offerings) will use the PII you provided to us to process, validate, confirm, verify, deliver and track your purchases (including by processing payment card transactions, arranging shipping and handling returns and refunds, and contacting you about your orders, including by telephone and/or the email address that you provide to Chef Inside to communicate with).
- As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a company sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, the personal information and other information you provide to us or that we have gathered about you may be part of the transferred assets.
- We may be required to disclose such information in response to subpoenas, court orders, requests from law-enforcement officials, or if we are otherwise required to disclose such information by law. If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure of Chef Inside, our customers or others, we may disclose your information as required. This includes identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users to your account.
- We may share your email address, or other information you voluntarily provide to us, such as your hobbies, personal interests, household income range, number of children, gender, demographic information, and product and service preferences, with third-party partners for purposes of their provision to us of services, and/or our collection of information from such sources, solely for use in connection with our internal data-modeling and/or marketing or similar activities. Such third-party partners are not authorized to use your information for any other purpose.
PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION
We make commercially reasonable efforts to keep your information secure and help protect your information from loss, theft, misuse, alternation, and unauthorized access or disclosure. Our servers use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), an advanced encryption technology. Your personal information including your name, credit card number and address is encrypted so that it cannot be read as it is transmitted over the Internet. Regardless of these efforts, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Therefore, any information you transmit to us is sent at your own risk.
To further protect yourself, you should safeguard your Chef Inside account username and password and not share that information with anyone. You should also sign off your account and close your browser window when you have finished your visit to our Site. Please note that we will never ask for your Chef Inside account username or password via email.
OPT OUT POLICY AND PROCEDURES
You may opt out of the following:
Receipt of marketing, promotional, and non-transactional email communications from Chef Inside.Click the “opt out” link located at the bottom of any Chef Inside email.
- Please note: You cannot opt-out of transactional email communications related to your account.We may continue to contact you for the purposes of communicating information relating to your request for Chef Inside Offerings, your participation in a Promotion and to respond to inquiries made by you, as applicable, even if you have elected to opt-out of certain communications as provided above.
To opt-out of all communications from Chef Inside you must cease utilizing the Chef Inside Offerings, and other services related to the Chef Inside Offerings.
You agree that your information will be transferred to and processed by Chef Inside in the United States.
We do not intentionally collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If we become aware that we have collected personally identifiable information from a user of the Site who is under the age of thirteen, we will remove that child’s personal information from our files.
ACCESSING AND MODIFYING INFORMATION
You may update, modify and/or correct your information by logging into your Chef Inside account or by email. Note, however, that Chef Inside will continue to retain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
QUESTIONS AND FEEDBACK
We welcome your questions, comments and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue at firstname.lastname@example.org. You also may write to us at:
Stampede Meat, Inc.
Attn: Chef Inside the Box
7351 South 78th Ave., 2nd Floor
Bridgeview, IL 60455